Professional Rock Climber: Ashima Shiraishi
Ashima Shiraishi is an American rock climber who began her climbing journey at only six years old in New York City. Just a few years after beginning, she became one of the top boulderers and sport climbers in the world. She holds many awards on the international level, most in in first place and also has her own documentary (featured in several others). She’s been referred to as a, “bouldering phenom” and a “young crusher” by the New York Times and Outside Magazine. More of her accomplishments are listed below.
• Youngest person to climb 5.14d (13 years old).
• 2016, 1st female climber of 2nd ascent of the "Horizon" in Mount Hiei, Japan (V15).
• Holds 3 first place medals in the youth World Championships.
• 2017 USA Climbing National Champion in sport and speed.
• IFSC Youth World Champion Lead and Bouldering in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
• 2nd place, USA Climbing National Championships (2017).